Duration in Nights ( 4 N - 4 N )
Budget per person (₹ - ₹ )
Stop looking here and there, BookYourOwn holiday packages are enough to plan an enjoyable and memorable Uttarakhand...
Stop looking here and there, BookYourOwn holiday packages are enough to plan an enjoyable and memorable Uttarakhand trip. Our customizable Uttarakhand tours give you the authority to add adventure sports or favorite locations in a personalized itinerary. Whether you are from Punjab, Delhi, Mumbai, or Bangalore, BookYourOwn’s 180+ tour packages to Uttarakhand are curated to suit all types of travelers.
All our packages include guided tours to main Uttarakhand sightseeing points, stay in hotels, transportation, and adventure activities. Depending on your budget, you can also book our luxury Uttarakhand tour packages that keep your comfort at the top of the list. From accommodation, Spa & wellness, and meals to private taxis, BookYourOwn traveling experts make sure you don’t feel any inconvenience
Discuss your traveling goals, and budget with our experts, and we’ll craft the right Uttarakhand vacation tours considering your preferences. Select any of BookYourOwn’s Uttarakhand tour packages to Witness the picturesque beauty of the DevBhoomi.
If you need more details about the best time to visit Uttrakhand, the top things to do in Uttarakhand, or how to reach Uttarakhand, our detailed guide has it all. This Uttarakhand travel guide has answers to all your questions and a lot more to offer.
Uttarakhand often referred to as the tourist’s paradise or Dev Bhoomi is among the most explorable states in India. The UK has numerous holy pilgrimage centers, ancient temples, and Ashrams. Undoubtedly, the UK is the best tourist destination for solo travelers. Uttarakhand is known for rejuvenating nature, culture, spirituality, and adventurous activities. A trip to Uttarakhand is itself a treat to our mind, body, and soul. Feel the divinity with your presence in The Ganga Arti at Haridwar, or add the Char Dhams to your itinerary to add some value to your life.
There can be no better place than Uttarakhand for divinity and spirituality seekers. Whereas Adventurers can enjoy staying in riverside camps, book cave tours, haunted walks or nature walks for an unmissable journey. Check out our Uttarakhand tour packages including adventurous activities at unbeatable prices, and discounts.
The incredible topography of Uttarakhand with plains in the south region, snow-capped mountains, striking streams, canyons, and lakes adorns its beauty. The pleasant weather throughout the year, and rich flora & Fauna make it a worth-visiting tourist destination.
The best time depends more on the purpose of your Uttarakhand tour. For example, The Summer Season (March to June) is a great time to try adventurous sports like river rafting, trekking, paragliding, hot air balloon rides, and mountain bikes. The temperature ranges from 20 to a maximum of 35 degrees on hot sunny days. Get face-to-face with amazing wildlife, and enjoy the scenic lush green views in Jim Corbett National Park
Winters (October to February) are often preferred for Char Sham Yatra, or visiting the Hill stations to enjoy chilly winters and snow-covered mountains. Trekking, Skiing, and ice skating are some of the popular winter sports to experience in extreme winters. The other benefit of planning the Uttarakhand tour package in the off-season is the opportunity to stay in luxury hotels at budget-friendly prices.
We suggest avoiding visiting Uttarakhand in Monsoons i.e. between July to September. Heavy rainfall may spoil the vibe of your Uttarakhand trip as most of the adventure spots are kept closed.
Due to its religious significance, Uttarakhand is one of the most-after tourist destinations in India. The holy place is well connected to all the major cities like Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Bangalore, etc., and is easily accessible via road, train or air.
You can book a train (Dehradun Express, Nanda Devi Express, Jana Shatabdi Express, and Doon Express), or board a direct or connected flight as per your location. If you wish to travel to Uttarakhand via Road, you can choose to self-drive or hire a private taxi/cab.
Jolly Grant Airport and Pantnagar Airport are the two airports in Uttrakhand whereas railway stations are available in most districts like Dehradun, Haridwar, Kathgidam, etc.
Rishikesh is known as the Yoga Capital of the World, and has been hosting the International Toga Festival since 1999. The holy land is also a Gateway to the Garhwal of the Himalayas and exhibits plenty of Ashrams including the worldwide famous Beatles ashram established in 1968. Rishikesh is a top tourist destination to seek both spirituality and adventure. River rafting, trekking, ziplining over Ganga, and Paragliding are the top adventure activities to try in Rishikesh. We recommend staying in Ashrams on Uttarakhand Tour Packages for the best-of-life experience. Don’t forget to witness the Ganga Aarti on Parmarth Ghat with a hum of peaceful chanting.
There are many spectacular tourist spots in Nainital including Naini Lake, Eco Cave Park, Tiffin Top, and G B Pant High Altitude Azoo. Also referred to as ‘The City of Lakes’ Nainital is the heart of Uttarakhand. It is an ideal honeymoon destination with exotic locations, luxury resorts, and romantic activities. Indulge in boating, and mesmerizing views of Naini Peak, Corbett Falls, and Snow View Point. Take some candid photos together to cherish for a lifetime. Ensure to add a stopover in Nainital on your Uttarakhand tour packages.
Known for its hilltops, shimmering waterfalls, picturesque valleys, bustling markets, and Eco Parks, Mussorie is among the most romantic destinations in Uttarakhand. Your Uttarakhand vacation package is incomplete without a visit to Queen of Hills, Mussoorie. The hill station features British-era buildings designed in Victorian architecture, local eateries, and antique shops to buy valuable souvenirs. George Everest house, Bhatta Falls, Gun Hill, and Landour are some of the top sights to explore in Mussorie.
Tourists just love the winter capital city of Uttarakhand with many hidden gems. Dehradun is the education hub of North India with many prestigious institutions like IMA(Indian Military Academy), FRI (Forest Research Institute), and Doon International School. Apart from this, Dehradun has also earned the title City of Love with its outstanding location, rolling hills, and alluring sound of the running Ganges River. Some of the top things to do in Dehradun are to explore Gucchupani Robber’s Cave, Tapkeshwar Mahadev Mandir, Malsi Deer Zoo, and shop in Paltan Bazaar. Whether you are on a Uttarakhand tour package with your spouse, family, or friends, Dehradun is a must-visit tourist destination.
Get face-to-face with the gorgeous natural landscapes and endemic wildlife of the Jim Corbett National Park. Nestled in the foothills of the Himalayas, Jim Corbett is a perfect place to travel for couples or families. Established in 1936, Jim Corbett is the first national park in India to showcase black bears, gray mongooses, jungle cats, tigers, and elephants. You can visit Girija Mata Mandir for a holy visit whereas Corbett Falls and Kosi River are the ideal locations to click some beautiful pictures. Families on Uttarakhand tour packages can plan a stay in Jim Corbett which is easily accessible from UK (Uttarakhand) city.
Enveloped in lush green valleys, and Kumaon hilltops, Binsar is situated at an altitude of 2420 meters. Enjoy the breathtaking views of hills like Trishul, Shivling, Panchachuli, and Chaukhamba. It is believed that Binsar is named after the 16th-century Bineshwar Mahadev temple. The best time to adore the beauty of Binsar is from March to June and October to December. Binsar is filled with abundant sacred temples like Gananth Temple, Khali Estate, Pariyadevi Pashan, and Kasar Devi Temple. Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary made from oaks, and rhododendrons adorn the beauty of beautiful Binsar.
It is the cultural capital of the Kumaon region with spectacular views of mountain peaks, dense pines, and oak forests. Do you know Almora is situated at a nearby distance from MS Dhoni’s ancestral village? Alluring Almora is a perfect tourist destination for couples to enjoy cozy stays in a peaceful environment. Explore the rich cultural & heritage sites, and vibrant shopping areas to buy various souvenirs. When traveling on the Uttarakhand tour package, you can also try some of the local specialties like Bhaang ki Chutni, Dubuk, and Bal Mithai.
Situated in Chamoli, this park features more than 600 dazzling flower species such as primulas, alpine, daisies, poppies, orchids, and marigolds. May to October is by far the best time to visit the Valley of Flowers. You need to pay Rs.150 to enter the national park. Enjoy the scenic views of flora & fauna while camping, and trekking on the world’s legendary trail. Add Valley of Flowers to your personalized itinerary for a superficial experience. It is a top tourist attraction for honeymoon couples to delve into nature and adventure.
Situated on the banks of river Alaknanda, the holy place is dedicated to Lord Vishnu or Badrinarayan. Yog Dhyan Badri, Adi Badri, Bhavishtya Badri, and Vridda Badri are the four other significant temples that must pay a visit on the Uttarakhand tour package. You can also opt for hiking, trekking, or bathing in hot springs as a part of adventure activities in Badrinath.
Kedarnath is among the 12 jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva. It is located near the Mandakini River on the Garhwal Mountain ranges. Kedarnath temple was built by Pandavas to please Lord Shiva. You can take a train from Rishikesh to reach Kedarnath, board a flight from Jolly Grant, or via road from Gaurikund.
Gangotri is the birthplace of River Ganga is of much significance for Hindu devotees. It is believed that Lord Shiva releases the Ganga from his hairlocks in Gangotri. Dehradun which is about 280 km from Gangotri is the closest railway station whereas Jolly Grant (242 km)is the closest airport.
Yamunotri Dham is dedicated to the Yamuna River which is one of India’s sacred rivers. Every year millions of devotees visit this Hindu pilgrimage center to take a holy dip into the Yamuna River. It is believed that bathing in the Yamuna River protects one from untimely death. Pony rides or palanquins are available to reach the temple.
Did you know? Gangotri and Ymaunotri glaciers are among the World’s toughest treks.
The best thing about Uttarakhand food items is they are healthy, nutritious, and good for the stomach. Unlike the other heavy food items, UK dishes keep you full for a longer time without making your stomach bloaty. Now take a quick look at some of the best Uttatrkahand cuisines rich in taste, and nutritional value!
1. Kafuli: It's the delicious state food of Uttarakhand which is made using curd, fenugreek seeds, spinach, garlic, ginger, and other spices. In Garhwal, the nutritious Kafuli is called Dhapdi.
2. Phaanu: With its origin in Garhwal, Phaanu is a flavored and tasteful soupy dish. It is a mix of different types of lentils (soaked overnight) including Gahat, green moong, Chainsoo, and Arhar. Phaanu is often served with white rice
3. Chainsoo is another popular and protein-rich Pahadi dish of Garhwali prepared using Urad or Kali Dal. We highly recommend trying the authentic local delicacy with aromatic flavors. Another reason Chainsoo is so popular is the fact that it is cooked in Iron Kadhai on a low flame to retain its nutritional value.
4. Kumaoni Raita: It's not the main course dish but enhances the taste of other delicacies. For localities, Kumaoni Raita(Curd) is a must-have food item along with their meals. This exclusive Raita is prepared with Curd as a main ingredient, turmeric, and cucumber. Do try the divine taste of Kumaoni Raita on your Uttarakhand tour package.
5. Dubuk or Dubke: The Oh-so-delicious Dubuk belongs to the Kumaon region of the UK (Uttarakhand). Lentils like Bhatt and Gahat are soaked for 7-8 hours and then blended into a smooth mixture with some spices, and ginger-garlic paste. The tangy dubuk tastes best with Rice and Bhaang ki Chutney.
6. Tthatwani: It is a unique type of Pahadi soup with its roots in Kumaon. Thatwani is cooked in an iron Kadhai with a mix of lentils, rice paste, herbs, and masalas. It tastes even more delicious with white rice and Bhaang ki Chutney.
7. Jhangore Ki Kheer: Don’t forget to taste the yummy dessert of the Gharwal region. It is a milk-based dessert that is prepared with healthy millet (Jhangore), and dry fruits. You’ll fall in love with the smooth texture of this Pahadi Kheer rich in nutrition. If possible, note down the recipe. We bet you’ll crave the taste later.
Apart from this, you can also try Kandalee ka saag cooked with nettle leaves and Bhaang ki Chutney, Bhatt, Aloo Ke Gutke, Chudkani’, and many more. The taste of all these dishes is as unique as their names.
Here’s our list of some unique yet famous things that you must buy when exploring local markets on Uttarakhand tour packages:
1. Organic Jams & Pickles: A variety of fresh, and handmade jams & pickles is displayed in the shops. Different jam flavors like blueberry, strawberry, mango, etc. are available. Talking about pickles, you can buy some jars of lotus stem, or mushroom pickles. You can even taste it before you buy.
2. Wine: Uttarakhand is a haven for wine connoisseurs. You can buy local fine wines made of berries, grapes, or apple cider from local stores. The best part about these wines is the cheap price. It is worth buying such a souvenir to take back home.
3. Raw Honey is obtained from beekeeping farms. Natural honey does not contain any synthetic ingredients that enhance its taste and texture. You can even buy flavored honey like strawberry, litchi, or mango. Do buy the organic honey on the Uttarakhand tour package which comes directly from the hive to the bottle.
4. Handicrafts are the local specialty of Uttarakhand that also unveils the preserved culture of the Garhwali and Kumaoni regions. You can buy handicraft items made of bamboo Ringaal, Jute, and Raambaan, or utensils made of copper, and wood. Visit Almora to buy Pashmina and traditional Angora fabrics.
5. Woolens: No matter which hill station you are planning to travel to, make sure to buy some woolen items. Pahadi woolens have a vibe of local culture that you might not get in branded stores. Many shopkeepers exhibit hand-knitted scarves, warm shawls, and sweaters that you can buy to gift your loved ones.
A. Uttarakhand is filled with holy pilgrimage sites including Haridwar, Rishikesh, Kedarnath, Badrinath, Nainital, Sattal, Bhimtal, Naukuchital, and Mukteshwar. You can also visit Corbett National Park to get a glimpse of wildlife whereas the best hill stations include Ranikhet, Mussoorie, Dehradoon Almora, Nainital, and many others.
A. You can plan a 1-night trip to 10 10-day trip in Uttarakhand depending on the purpose, budget, and location. BookYourOwn offers the best Uttarakhand tour for families, couples, and friends at unbeatable prices.